Ali Akalin MD, PhD
|Institution||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Address||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
One Innovation Drive, Biotech Three
Worcester MA 01605
|Institution||UMMS - School of Medicine|
- American Board of Pathology
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 2005
- Cytopathology, 2007
Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Richmond, VA
Resident in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
Fellow in Surgical Pathology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado
Fellow in Cytopathology, University of Massachusetts, School of Medicine, Worcester, MA
2007 – present
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University ofMassachusetts, Worcester, MA
Staff Pathologist, Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
Director of Head & NeckPathology, Department ofPathology, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
Honors Awards and Grants
Association of Molecular Pathology Trainee Award, Missouri
Research Interests :
Dr. Akalin has broad diagnostic expertise, with interests in head & neck pathology, cytopathology, and pulmonary pathology. He participates in teaching fellows and residents in our department.
His research interests include:
- Study of new techniques to improve the diagnostic yield in fine needle aspirations.
- Specific detection of cervical cancers using cytometry-based molecular diagnostics.
- Development of radiolabeled biomarkers for the localization of neoplasms.
- Exploration of new diagnostic and prognostic markers in pulmonary disorders with a focus on lung neoplasms.
For assistance with using Profiles, please refer to the online tutorials
or contact UMMS Help Desk
or call 508-856-8643.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.