Philip Merriam MS
|Institution||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Address||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
419 Belmont Street
Worcester MA 01605
|Phone||508 856 5848|
- Clark University, Worcester, MA; MSPH, 1982
- Worcester State College, Worcester, MA; BS, 1971
- Health Education Specialist (CHES), 1990
- Massachusetts License in Social Work, 1984
- Massachusetts Teaching Certificate, 1971
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Medicine, Division of Preventive & Behavioral Medicine, Project Director 1985-present.
- Simple Dietary Message to Improve Dietary Quality for Metabolic Syndrome
- Treating Co-Morbid Obesity and Major Depressive Disorder
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Lawrence Latino Diabetes Prevention Project
- Markers for Type 2 Diabetes and Aptamar Array Diagnostics
- Adherence to Pharmacological Treatment
- Systems to Enhance Provider Counseling in Hyperlipidemia
- Soy Cholesterol Study
- Seasonal Variation of Blood Cholesterol Levels
- Clinical Center for the Women's Health Initiative
- Physician's Role in Lowering Elevated Lipids by Diet
- Community Intervention Trial for Smoking Cessation
- Coronary Artery Smoking Intervention Study
- Leominster Multi-Service Center, Executive Director, 1981-1985.
- Harrington Hospital; WIC Program, Program Coordinator, 1979-1981.
- UMass Medical School; Physiology Dept; Research Technician; 1974-1979.
- Mason Research Institute; Pharmacology Dept; Research Assistant; 1972-1974.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Belief Systems
- Community Based Participatory Research
On Going Projects/Grants
- Project Director/Co-I: Simple Dietary Message to Improve Dietary Quality for Metabolic Syndrome; NIDDK.
- Co-Project Director: Treating Co-Morbid Obesity and Major Depressive Disorder; NIMH.
- Project Director: Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial Disease; NHLBI.
- Mature Worker Sub-committee, UMMS Diversity & Equal Opportunity Office: 2006-present
- UMMS Student Affairs Committee: 2002-2005
For assistance with using Profiles, please refer to the online tutorials
or contact UMMS Help Desk
or call 508-856-8643.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.