Daniel Lasser MD, MPH
|Title||Chair and Professor|
|Institution||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Department||Family Medicine and Community Health|
|Address||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester MA 01605
Click here to view Dr. Lasser's curriculum vitae
- Chairman, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, UMass Memorial Health Care/University ofMassachusetts Medical School
- Senior Vice President, Center for the Advancement of Primary Care
- State University of New York at Buffalo : MD, 1974
- State University of New York at Buffalo : Rotating Medical Internship, 1975
- Hennepin County Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN ): Family Practice Residency, 1977
- Harvard School of Public Health: MPH (Health Policy and Administration), 1987
Staff Physician, Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center, Worcester, MA
Dr. Lasser's professional interests include:
- Health care service delivery to vulnerable populations;
- Health workforce development;
- Linking medical education and shortage area practice; and
- Health management and administration, especially within the public sector
Daniel Lasser is Professor and Chair of the UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, a position he has held since 1998. Dr. Lasser was appointed Senior Vice President for Primary Care in 2006, leading the Center for Advancement of Primary Care; and asked to serve as Interim President of the UMass Memorial Medical Group from 2007-2010. In his ongoing role as Chair and Senior Vice President he leads the UMassMemorialâ€™s strategic initiative to create Patient-Centered Medical Homes in the systemâ€™s primary care sites, and has been instrumental in the Medical Schoolâ€™s ranking among the best medical schools for primary care, as well as leading a department which is among the largest and most respected Departments of Family Medicine in the nation.
For assistance with using Profiles, please refer to the online tutorials
or contact UMMS Help Desk
or call 508-856-8643.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.