Marjorie S Safran MD
|Institution||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Address||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester MA 01655
|Institution||UMMS - School of Medicine|
|Division||Endocrinology & Metabolism|
- MD University of New York, College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY 6/1/77
- Medical Residency:Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, NY 7/77-6/79
- Medical Residency:Boston City Hospital, Boston, MA 7/79-6/80
- Endocrine Fellowship: University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA 7/80-6/83
- Assistant Professor in Medicine University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA 1982-89
- Associate Professor in Medicine University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA 1989-1998
- Professor of Clinical Medicine: University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA 1998-
- Internal Medicine, 1980
- Endocrinology and Metabolism, 1983
- UMASS Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA
My research efforts are directed towards examining the non-genomic role of thyroid hormone in brain development and vesicle movement and in determining the subunit structure of the 5'deiodinase type II. My clinical interests lie in the area of thyroid dysfunction, in particular thyroid cancer.
For assistance with using Profiles, please refer to the online tutorials
or contact UMMS Help Desk
or call 508-856-8643.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.