1) Modification of anti-epileptic medication binding to P-glycoprotein
Computational modeling of P-GP, molecular dynamics and study of binding mechanisms to anti-epileptic medications as well as inhibition techniques
2) Frequency flow analysis of EEG to detect and suppress seizures
Frequency flow analysis of EEG for seizure prediction and design of a suppression sequence
3) Effect of treatment of PLEDS on patient outcome
Study the risk-benefits of treating patients with non-anoxic PLEDS on their EEG
4) Efficacy of verapamil in medically refractory epilepsy
Determine if low dose verapamil, a P-glycoprotein inhibitor can improve seizure control in patients with medically refractory epilepsy
5) Treatment of patients with post-hypothermia PEDS
Study the risk-benefits of aggressively treating patients with PEDS on their EEG, after hypothermia for cardiac arrest
6) A randomized clinical trial for treatment of refractory status epilepticus.
Determine if Propofol or pentobarbital is better for treatment of refractory status epilepticus.