B.A., Barnard College of Columbia University, 1971
M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1978
Director, Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental & Related Disabilities (LEND), University of Massachusetts Medical School Shriver Center
Clinical Professor, Dept. of Pediatrics, UMass Medical School
- Work internationally with children with or at risk for developmental disabilities
- Mpilonhle Project, Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Development of Health Education Curriculum and in-school health support system for students in 12 rural high schools at risk for HIV, pregnancy.
- Asenze Project, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Measure the incidence and prevalence of developmental disabilities and the status of HIV in 2000 preschool children.
- Curriculum development
- Distance learning curriculum for medical residents on autism
- Interdisciplinary curriculum and evaluation clinic for children with developmental disabilities and mental health concerns
- Curriculum on developmental disabilities for Family Medicine residents
- Disability related legislative issues at the federal level
- Early identification of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder