Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2002
Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
Associate Professor 2017–presentUMASS Medical School, Worcester, MA Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Research Assistant Professor 2011–2017UMASS Medical School, Worcester, MA Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
· Drug resistance in viral proteases: Understanding the molecular basis of drug resistance in viral proteases, including HIV-1 and HCV protease.
· Substrate recognition and product inhibition in HIV-1 protease.
· Scientific writing and editing.
Assistant Scientist 2005–2011University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Chemistry
· Protein folding and effect of chaperone interaction on misfolding polypeptides: Investigated protein folding, unfolding and misfolding under various experimental conditions, and the interaction of chaperones with truncated polypeptide chains by biochemical/biophysical methods incuding fluorescence and NMR techniques.
Visiting TUBITAK fellow 2000 and 2001UMASS Medical School, Worcester, MA Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
· Substrate specificity and simulation of conformational dynamics of HIV-1 protease.
Graduate Researcher at the Polymer Research Center 1996–2002 Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
· Coarse-grained simulations and analytical methods to study dynamics of globular proteins in native state.