This page shows the details of why an item matched the keywords from your search.
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1973
- M.D., Hahnemann Medical College, 1977
- Internal Medicine Residency, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, 1977-80
- Chief Medical Resident, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Providence, RI, 1980-81
- Infectious Disease Fellowship, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1981-83
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1978
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, 1980
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine (Infectious Diseases), 1984
Honors and Awards:
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Western Society of Clinical Investigation
- Fellow, Infectious Disease Society of America
- President, Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society, 1998-2001
- Fellow, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- Deputy Editor, Journal Watch for Infectious Diseases
Research Interests: Dr. Ellison's clinical research interests focus on the broad areas of identification and treatment of nosocomial infections, infections in the ICU setting, sepsis, and clinical care of patients with HIV disease. Recent work has been focused on the use of medical information system databases in identifying both infections and other adverse events in the inpatient setting; as well as novel approaches to preventing nosocomial infections. His laboratory research interests have been into the nature of innate antimicrobial host defense systems towards bacterial pathogens. This has involved studies of the complement system and antimicrobial proteins including lactoferrin, lysozyme, and natural antimicrobial peptides. More recent work has involved studies of a new class of antimicrobial agents active towards Gram-positive bacterial pathogens and bacterial antimicrobial resistance mechanisms.
Clinical Interests: Dr. Ellison provides subspecialty consultative care in the field of Infectious Diseases, as well as primary medical care to individuals with HIV disease.
One or more keywords matched the following items that are connected to