This page shows the details of why an item matched the keywords from your search.
One or more keywords matched the following properties of
We develop novel computational methods and pipelines for analyzing large-scale high throughput data to understand noncoding RNA epigenomics in genetics and disease toward advancing precision medicine. Please see more in our group website: http://chanzhoulab.org/
Join our team!
We are looking for creative and passionate people including:
· Postdoctoral Associate
· Graduate students
· Visiting PhD students/Scholar
We are computational biologists and bioinformatics scientists. Aim to understand genomics, epigenomics, noncoding RNAs and gene regulation from basic sciences towards precision medicine of human disease through computational and big data-driven approaches. We entail the development of new computational algorithms, statistical/quantitative methods, and combining cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies to process various types/platforms of sequencing data (including second and third generation sequencing and single cell sequencing data) to make biomedical discoveries.
The lab member will benefit from collaboration with world-class biologists and physicians from UMass and Harvard medical area, MIT and other prestigious institutes. To ensure the success of career development of our lab member, Dr. Zhou will tailor Lab member’ trainings to meet the career goals of individual lab member.
Pls email Chan Zhou : chan DOT zhou AT umassmed.edu to learn more
Postdoctoral Associate: Please email Chan with your cover letter (including research interests) and CV (including a list of publication, computational skills, and a list of at least 3 referee).
- Ph.D in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, biophysics, engineering, biological sciences or related field. Ph.D candidates anticipating thesis defense are encouraged to apply for hire after completion of Ph.D.
- Experience in method development and/or analysis of high-throughput sequencing data is preferred.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology and sequencing technologies
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux shell and at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, Perl or R.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Previous record of independent research with first-/co-author publications.
- Able to work both independently and in teams
- Excellent teamwork and time management with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task across multiple research projects.
Graduate student: MD/PhD students in the Graduate School of Medical Sciences of UMass Medical school (UMMS) can rotate in the Zhou Lab starting Spring, 2020. Prospective PhD students can join the Program of Bioinformatics and Integrative Biology in UMMS Graduate School of Medical Sciences. Please email Chan to learn more. Include a CV and research interests.
Visiting PhD students/scholar: We are excited to host visiting graduate students/scholar for research experiences at UMass Medical School. Please email Chan with a CV and research interests