Jennifer Wang MD
|Institution||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Address||University of Massachusetts Medical School|
364 Plantation Street, LRB
Worcester MA 01605
|Institution||UMMS - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences|
|Department||Immunology and Virology|
- A.B., Harvard College, 1991
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 1995
- Internal Medicine Residency, Oregon Health Sciences University. 1995 to 1998.
- Fellowship, Infectious Disease, University of California, San Diego. 1998 to 2002.
- Diplomate in Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 1998.
- Diplomate in Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2001. Recertified 2011.
My research focuses on how viruses interact with pattern recognition receptors, including Toll-like receptors and RIG-I-like receptors, to activate inflammatory cytokine responses and produce type I interferons. I am currently conducting studies with coxsackie B virus, herpesviruses, and influenza A virus, characterizing their interactions with receptors in different cell types including neutrophils, dendritic cells, and monocytes/macrophages. I am also studying the contribution of enteroviruses to type 1 diabetes.
For assistance with using Profiles, please refer to the online tutorials
or contact UMMS Help Desk
or call 508-856-8643.
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.