Urinary Sphincter, Artificial
"Urinary Sphincter, Artificial" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An artifical implanted device, usually in the form of an inflatable silicone cuff, inserted in or around the bladder neck in the surgical treatment of urinary incontinence caused by sphincter weakness. Often it is placed around the bulbous urethra in adult males. The artificial urinary sphincter is considered an alternative to urinary diversion.
|Urinary Sphincter, Artificial
- Urinary Sphincter, Artificial
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter
- Artificial Urinary Sphincters
- Sphincter, Artificial Urinary
- Sphincters, Artificial Urinary
- Urinary Sphincters, Artificial
- Genitourinary Sphincter, Artificial
- Artificial Genitourinary Sphincter
- Artificial Genitourinary Sphincters
- Genitourinary Sphincters, Artificial
- Sphincter, Artificial Genitourinary
- Sphincters, Artificial Genitourinary
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Urinary Sphincter, Artificial".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Urinary Sphincter, Artificial".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Urinary Sphincter, Artificial" by people in this website by year, and whether "Urinary Sphincter, Artificial" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Urinary Sphincter, Artificial" by people in Profiles.