"Trigeminal Neuralgia" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by recurrent episodes of excruciating pain lasting several seconds or longer in the sensory distribution of the TRIGEMINAL NERVE. Pain may be initiated by stimulation of trigger points on the face, lips, or gums or by movement of facial muscles or chewing. Associated conditions include MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, vascular anomalies, ANEURYSMS, and neoplasms. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p187)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Neuralgia, Trigeminal
- Neuralgias, Trigeminal
- Trigeminal Neuralgias
- Trifacial Neuralgia
- Neuralgia, Trifacial
- Neuralgias, Trifacial
- Trifacial Neuralgias
- Fothergill Disease
- Disease, Fothergill
- Tic Douloureux
- Epileptiform Neuralgia
- Epileptiform Neuralgias
- Neuralgia, Epileptiform
- Neuralgias, Epileptiform
Trigeminal Neuralgia, Idiopathic
- Trigeminal Neuralgia, Idiopathic
- Idiopathic Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Idiopathic Trigeminal Neuralgias
- Neuralgia, Idiopathic Trigeminal
- Neuralgias, Idiopathic Trigeminal
- Trigeminal Neuralgias, Idiopathic
Secondary Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Secondary Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Neuralgia, Secondary Trigeminal
- Neuralgias, Secondary Trigeminal
- Secondary Trigeminal Neuralgias
- Trigeminal Neuralgias, Secondary
- Trigeminal Neuralgia, Secondary
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Trigeminal Neuralgia".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Trigeminal Neuralgia".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Trigeminal Neuralgia" by people in this website by year, and whether "Trigeminal Neuralgia" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.