"Periapical Abscess" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Acute or chronic inflammation of tissues surrounding the apical portion of a tooth, associated with the collection of pus, resulting from infection following pulp infection through a carious lesion or as a result of an injury causing pulp necrosis. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- Periapical Abscess
- Dentoalveolar Abscess, Apical
- Abscess, Apical Dentoalveolar
- Abscesses, Apical Dentoalveolar
- Apical Dentoalveolar Abscess
- Apical Dentoalveolar Abscesses
- Dentoalveolar Abscesses, Apical
- Periodontitis, Apical, Suppurative
- Periapical Periodontitis, Suppurative
- Periapical Periodontitides, Suppurative
- Periodontitides, Suppurative Periapical
- Periodontitis, Suppurative Periapical
- Suppurative Periapical Periodontitides
- Suppurative Periapical Periodontitis
- Alveolar Abscess, Apical
- Abscess, Apical Alveolar
- Abscesses, Apical Alveolar
- Alveolar Abscesses, Apical
- Apical Alveolar Abscess
- Apical Alveolar Abscesses
- Abscess, Periapical
- Abscesses, Periapical
- Periapical Abscesses
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Periapical Abscess".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Periapical Abscess".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Periapical Abscess" by people in this website by year, and whether "Periapical Abscess" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.