"Landau-Kleffner Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by the onset of isolated language dysfunction in otherwise normal children (age of onset 4-7 years) and epileptiform discharges on ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHY. Seizures, including atypical absence (EPILEPSY, ABSENCE), complex partial (EPILEPSY, COMPLEX PARTIAL), and other types may occur. The electroencephalographic abnormalities and seizures tend to resolve by puberty. The language disorder may also resolve although some individuals are left with severe language dysfunction, including APHASIA and auditory AGNOSIA. (From Menkes, Textbook of Child Neurology, 5th ed, pp749-50; J Child Neurol 1997 Nov;12(8):489-495).
- Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Landau Kleffner Syndrome
- Syndrome, Landau-Kleffner
- Aphasia, Epileptic, Acquired
- Aphasia, Acquired, With Convulsive Disorder
- Landau-Kleffner Acquired Epileptiform Aphasia
- Landau Kleffner Acquired Epileptiform Aphasia
- Acquired Aphasia with Convulsive Disorder
- Acquired Epileptiform Aphasia
- Acquired Epileptiform Aphasias
- Epileptiform Aphasia, Acquired
- Epileptiform Aphasias, Acquired
- Aphasia, Acquired Epileptic
- Acquired Epileptic Aphasia
- Acquired Epileptic Aphasias
- Epileptic Aphasia, Acquired
- Epileptic Aphasias, Acquired
- Acquired Childhoood Aphasia with Convulsive Disorder
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Landau-Kleffner Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Landau-Kleffner Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Landau-Kleffner Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Landau-Kleffner Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.