"Meningitis, Pneumococcal" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acute purulent infection of the meninges and subarachnoid space caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, most prevalent in children and adults over the age of 60. This illness may be associated with OTITIS MEDIA; MASTOIDITIS; SINUSITIS; RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTIONS; sickle cell disease (ANEMIA, SICKLE CELL); skull fractures; and other disorders. Clinical manifestations include FEVER; HEADACHE; neck stiffness; and somnolence followed by SEIZURES; focal neurologic deficits (notably DEAFNESS); and COMA. (From Miller et al., Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p111)
- Meningitis, Pneumococcal
- Pneumococcal Meningitides
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
- Meningitis, Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Meningitides, Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Streptococcus pneumoniae Meningitides
- Streptococcus pneumoniae Meningitis
Experimental Pneumococcal Meningitis
- Experimental Pneumococcal Meningitis
- Experimental Pneumococcal Meningitides
- Meningitis, Experimental Pneumococcal
- Pneumococcal Meningitides, Experimental
- Pneumococcal Meningitis, Experimental
- Meningitis, Pneumococcal, Experimental
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Meningitis, Pneumococcal".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Meningitis, Pneumococcal".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Meningitis, Pneumococcal" by people in this website by year, and whether "Meningitis, Pneumococcal" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.