Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron
"Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An analytical transmission electron microscopy method using an electron microscope fitted with an energy filtering lens. The method is based on the principle that some of the ELECTRONS passing through the specimen will lose energy when they ionize inner shell electrons of the atoms in the specimen. The amount of energy loss is dependent upon the element. Analysis of the energy loss spectrum (ELECTRON ENERGY-LOSS SPECTROSCOPY) reveals the elemental composition of a specimen. It is used analytically and quantitatively to determine which, how much of, and where specific ELEMENTS are in a sample. For example, it is used for elemental mapping of PHOSPHORUS to trace the strands of NUCLEIC ACIDS in nucleoprotein complexes.
|Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron
- Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron
- Microscopy, Energy Filtering Transmission Electron
- Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Energy Filtering Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Energy-Filtered TEM
- Energy Filtered TEM
- TEM, Energy-Filtered
- Electron Spectroscopic Imaging
- Imaging, Electron Spectroscopic
- Spectroscopic Imaging, Electron
- Energy-Filtered Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Energy Filtered Transmission Electron Microscopy
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Diagnosis [E01]
- Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures [E01.370]
- Diagnostic Imaging [E01.370.350]
- Microscopy [E01.370.350.515]
- Microscopy, Electron [E01.370.350.515.402]
- Microscopy, Electron, Transmission [E01.370.350.515.402.580]
- Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron [E01.370.350.515.402.580.500]
- Investigative Techniques [E05]
- Chemistry Techniques, Analytical [E05.196]
- Spectrum Analysis [E05.196.867]
- Spectroscopy, Electron Energy-Loss [E05.196.867.838]
- Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron [E05.196.867.838.500]
- Microscopy [E05.595]
- Microscopy, Electron [E05.595.402]
- Microscopy, Electron, Transmission [E05.595.402.580]
- Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron [E05.595.402.580.500]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron" by people in this website by year, and whether "Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Microscopy, Energy-Filtering Transmission Electron" by people in Profiles.
Mainprize IL, Beniac DR, Falkovskaia E, Cleverley RM, Gierasch LM, Ottensmeyer FP, Andrews DW. The structure of Escherichia coli signal recognition particle revealed by scanning transmission electron microscopy. Mol Biol Cell. 2006 Dec; 17(12):5063-74.
Nakagawa T, Futai K, Lashuel HA, Lo I, Okamoto K, Walz T, Hayashi Y, Sheng M. Quaternary structure, protein dynamics, and synaptic function of SAP97 controlled by L27 domain interactions. Neuron. 2004 Oct 28; 44(3):453-67.