"HIV Enteropathy" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by chronic, well-established DIARRHEA (greater than one month in duration) without an identified infectious cause after thorough evaluation, in an HIV-positive individual. It is thought to be due to direct or indirect effects of HIV on the enteric mucosa. HIV enteropathy is a diagnosis of exclusion and can be made only after other forms of diarrheal illness have been ruled out. (Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 13th ed, pp1607-8; Haubrich et al., Bockus Gastroenterology, 5th ed, p1155)
- HIV Enteropathy
- Enteropathies, HIV
- HIV Enteropathies
- Idiopathic AIDS Enteropathy
- AIDS Enteropathies, Idiopathic
- AIDS Enteropathy, Idiopathic
- Enteropathies, Idiopathic AIDS
- Enteropathy, Idiopathic AIDS
- Idiopathic AIDS Enteropathies
- Enteropathy, HIV-Associated
- Enteropathies, HIV-Associated
- Enteropathy, HIV Associated
- HIV-Associated Enteropathies
- AIDS-Associated Enteropathy
- AIDS Associated Enteropathy
- AIDS-Associated Enteropathies
- Enteropathies, AIDS-Associated
- Enteropathy, AIDS-Associated
- Enteropathy, AIDS Associated
- Enteropathy, HIV
- HIV-Associated Enteropathy
- HIV Associated Enteropathy
- AIDS Enteropathy
- AIDS Enteropathies
- Enteropathies, AIDS
- Enteropathy, AIDS
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "HIV Enteropathy".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "HIV Enteropathy".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "HIV Enteropathy" by people in this website by year, and whether "HIV Enteropathy" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "HIV Enteropathy" by people in Profiles.