"Genes, pol" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
DNA sequences that form the coding region for retroviral enzymes including reverse transcriptase, protease, and endonuclease/integrase. "pol" is short for polymerase, the enzyme class of reverse transcriptase.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Genes, pol".
- Biological Sciences [G]
- Genetic Phenomena [G05]
- Genetic Structures [G05.360]
- Genome [G05.360.340]
- Genome Components [G05.360.340.024]
- Genes [G05.360.340.024.340]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.024.340.364]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875]
- Genes, pol [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875.667]
- Genome, Microbial [G05.360.340.358]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.358.024]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.024.875]
- Genes, pol [G05.360.340.358.024.875.667]
- Genome, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840.500]
- Genes, pol [G05.360.340.358.840.500.667]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Genes, pol".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Genes, pol" by people in this website by year, and whether "Genes, pol" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Genes, pol" by people in Profiles.
Sivay MV, Hudelson SE, Wang J, Agyei Y, Hamilton EL, Selin A, Dennis A, Kahn K, Gomez-Olive FX, MacPhail C, Hughes JP, Pettifor A, Eshleman SH, Grabowski MK. HIV-1 diversity among young women in rural South Africa: HPTN 068. PLoS One. 2018; 13(7):e0198999.
Evans DT, Bricker JE, Desrosiers RC. A novel approach for producing lentiviruses that are limited to a single cycle of infection. J Virol. 2004 Nov; 78(21):11715-25.
Carr JK, Salminen MO, Koch C, Gotte D, Artenstein AW, Hegerich PA, St Louis D, Burke DS, McCutchan FE. Full-length sequence and mosaic structure of a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolate from Thailand. J Virol. 1996 Sep; 70(9):5935-43.