Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III
"Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An autosomal recessively inherited disorder characterized by the accumulation of intermediate-density lipoprotein (IDL or broad-beta-lipoprotein). IDL has a CHOLESTEROL to TRIGLYCERIDES ratio greater than that of VERY-LOW-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS. This disorder is due to mutation of APOLIPOPROTEINS E, a receptor-binding component of VLDL and CHYLOMICRONS, resulting in their reduced clearance and high plasma levels of both cholesterol and triglycerides.
|Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III
- Dysbetalipoproteinemia, Familial
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia with Hyperlipemia
- Hyperlipoproteinemia, Broad-beta
- Broad-beta Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Hyperlipoproteinemia, Broad beta
- Hyperlipoproteinemia, Type III
- Hyperlipoproteinemias, Type III
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemias
- Broad Beta Disease
- Familial Dysbetalipoproteinemia
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.