Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical
"Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Surgical venous shunt between the portal and systemic circulation to effect decompression of the portal circulation. It is performed primarily in the treatment of bleeding esophageal varices resulting from portal hypertension. Types of shunt include portacaval, splenorenal, mesocaval, splenocaval, left gastric-caval (coronary-caval), portarenal, umbilicorenal, and umbilicocaval.
|Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical
- Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical
- Shunt, Surgical Portasystemic
- Portasystemic Shunts, Surgical
- Shunts, Surgical Portasystemic
- Surgical Portasystemic Shunts
- Portosystemic Shunt, Surgical
- Portasystemic Shunt
- Portasystemic Shunts
- Shunt, Portasystemic
- Shunts, Portasystemic
- Shunt, Surgical Portosystemic
- Portosystemic Shunts, Surgical
- Shunts, Surgical Portosystemic
- Surgical Portosystemic Shunts
- Surgical Portosystemic Shunt
- Portosystemic Shunt
- Portosystemic Shunts
- Shunt, Portosystemic
- Shunts, Portosystemic
- Surgical Portasystemic Shunt
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical" by people in this website by year, and whether "Portasystemic Shunt, Surgical" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.