"Ophthalmia Neonatorum" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Acute conjunctival inflammation in the newborn, usually caused by maternal gonococcal infection. The causative agent is NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAE. The baby's eyes are contaminated during passage through the birth canal.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ophthalmia Neonatorum".
- Diseases [C]
- Bacterial Infections and Mycoses [C01]
- Bacterial Infections [C01.252]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C01.252.354]
- Conjunctivitis, Bacterial [C01.252.354.225]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C01.252.354.225.625]
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections [C01.252.400]
- Neisseriaceae Infections [C01.252.400.625]
- Gonorrhea [C01.252.400.625.391]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C01.252.400.625.391.658]
- Infection [C01.539]
- Eye Infections [C01.539.375]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C01.539.375.354]
- Conjunctivitis, Bacterial [C01.539.375.354.220]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C01.539.375.354.220.625]
- Eye Diseases [C11]
- Conjunctival Diseases [C11.187]
- Conjunctivitis [C11.187.183]
- Conjunctivitis, Bacterial [C220.127.116.11]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C18.104.22.168.538]
- Eye Infections [C11.294]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C11.294.354]
- Conjunctivitis, Bacterial [C11.294.354.220]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C11.294.354.220.625]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Infant, Newborn, Diseases [C16.614]
- Ophthalmia Neonatorum [C16.614.677]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ophthalmia Neonatorum".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ophthalmia Neonatorum" by people in this website by year, and whether "Ophthalmia Neonatorum" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.