A postdoc opening is available to participate in NIH-funded studies aimed at combating implant-associated infections. Expectations for this position include novel monomer/polymer synthesis and in vitro characterizations as well as supporting relevant animal studies. The fellow is expected to work both independently and collaboratively, and contribute to a productive and cordial team environment.
• Recent PhD in Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Bioengineering or related discipline
• Interest in applied and translational research
• Experience in organic/polymer synthesis and materials characterizations expected
• Experience with bacterial culture and animal studies desired but not required
• Self-motivated and organized, enjoys collaborations, good written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position: Send your CV and the contact information for three references to Jie.Song@umassmed.edu