"ADAM17 Protein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein that cleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR-ALPHA to its mature form. It cleaves several other CELL SURFACE PROTEINS, including INTERLEUKIN-1 RECEPTOR TYPE II; TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR ALPHA; L-SELECTIN; MUCIN-1; and AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN PRECURSOR. It can also function as an activator of the Notch signaling pathway by mediating the cleavage of NOTCH RECEPTORS.
- ADAM17 Protein
- TACE (Enzyme)
- TNF-alpha Converting Enzyme
- TNF alpha Converting Enzyme
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Convertase
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha Converting Enzyme
- Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha Converting Enzyme
- TNF-alpha Convertase
- Convertase, TNF-alpha
- TNF alpha Convertase
- CD156b Antigen
- Antigen, CD156b
- ADAM-17 Protein
- ADAM 17 Protein
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 17
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain Containing Protein 17
- TACA (Enzyme)
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha Convertase
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "ADAM17 Protein".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "ADAM17 Protein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "ADAM17 Protein" by people in this website by year, and whether "ADAM17 Protein" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.