"Shy-Drager Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A progressive neurodegenerative condition of the central and autonomic nervous systems characterized by atrophy of the preganglionic lateral horn neurons of the thoracic spinal cord. This disease is generally considered a clinical variant of MULTIPLE SYSTEM ATROPHY. Affected individuals present in the fifth or sixth decade with ORTHOSTASIS and bladder dysfunction; and later develop FECAL INCONTINENCE; anhidrosis; ATAXIA; IMPOTENCE; and alterations of tone suggestive of basal ganglia dysfunction. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p536)
- Shy-Drager Syndrome
- Shy Drager Syndrome
- Syndrome, Shy-Drager
- Syndrome, Dysautonomia-Orthostatic Hypotension
- Syndrome, Dysautonomia Orthostatic Hypotension
- Orthostatic Hypotension, Dysautonomic
- Dysautonomic Orthostatic Hypotension
- Dysautonomic Orthostatic Hypotensions
- Hypotension, Dysautonomic Orthostatic
- Hypotensions, Dysautonomic Orthostatic
- Orthostatic Hypotensions, Dysautonomic
- Dysautonomia-Orthostatic Hypotension Syndrome
- Dysautonomia Orthostatic Hypotension Syndrome
- Dysautonomia-Orthostatic Hypotension Syndromes
- Hypotension Syndrome, Dysautonomia-Orthostatic
- Hypotension Syndromes, Dysautonomia-Orthostatic
- Syndromes, Dysautonomia-Orthostatic Hypotension
- Autonomic Failure, Progressive
- Autonomic Failures, Progressive
- Failure, Progressive Autonomic
- Failures, Progressive Autonomic
- Progressive Autonomic Failure
- Progressive Autonomic Failures
- Idiopathic Orthostatic Hypotension, Shy-Drager Type
- Idiopathic Orthostatic Hypotension, Shy Drager Type
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Shy-Drager Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Shy-Drager Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Shy-Drager Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Shy-Drager Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.