"5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An enzyme of the transferase class that catalyzes condensation of the succinyl group from succinyl coenzyme A with glycine to form delta-aminolevulinate. It is a pyridoxyal phosphate protein and the reaction occurs in mitochondria as the first step of the heme biosynthetic pathway. The enzyme is a key regulatory enzyme in heme biosynthesis. In liver feedback is inhibited by heme. EC 220.127.116.11.
- 5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase
- 5 Aminolevulinate Synthetase
- Synthetase, 5-Aminolevulinate
- delta-Aminolevulinate Synthase
- Synthase, delta-Aminolevulinate
- delta Aminolevulinate Synthase
- 5-Aminolevulinate Synthase
- 5 Aminolevulinate Synthase
- Synthase, 5-Aminolevulinate
- Aminolevulinic Acid Synthetase
- Acid Synthetase, Aminolevulinic
- Synthetase, Aminolevulinic Acid
- delta-Aminolevulinic Acid Synthetase
- Acid Synthetase, delta-Aminolevulinic
- Synthetase, delta-Aminolevulinic Acid
- delta Aminolevulinic Acid Synthetase
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase" by people in this website by year, and whether "5-Aminolevulinate Synthetase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.