"Integrin alpha4beta1" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Integrin alpha4beta1 is a FIBRONECTIN and VCAM-1 receptor present on LYMPHOCYTES; MONOCYTES; EOSINOPHILS; NK CELLS and thymocytes. It is involved in both cell-cell and cell- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX adhesion and plays a role in INFLAMMATION, hematopoietic cell homing and immune function, and has been implicated in skeletal MYOGENESIS; NEURAL CREST migration and proliferation, lymphocyte maturation and morphogenesis of the PLACENTA and HEART.
- Integrin alpha4beta1
- alpha4beta1, Integrin
- Integrin alpha(4)beta(1)
- alpha4beta1 Integrin
- Integrin, alpha4beta1
- Very Late Activation Antigen-4
- Very Late Activation Antigen 4
- Very Late Antigen-4
- Antigen-4, Very Late
- Late Antigen-4, Very
- Very Late Antigen 4
- Integrin Heterodimer alpha4beta1
- Heterodimer alpha4beta1, Integrin
- alpha4beta1, Integrin Heterodimer
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Integrin alpha4beta1".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Glycoproteins [D12.776.395]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.395.550]
- Cell Adhesion Molecules [D12.776.395.550.200]
- Receptors, Lymphocyte Homing [D12.776.395.550.200.625]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D12.776.395.550.200.625.347]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Cell Adhesion Molecules [D12.776.543.550.200]
- Receptors, Lymphocyte Homing [D12.776.543.550.200.625]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D12.776.543.550.200.625.347]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Immunologic [D12.776.543.750.705]
- Integrins [D12.776.543.750.705.408]
- Receptors, Fibronectin [D12.776.543.750.705.408.530]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D12.776.543.750.705.408.530.500]
- Receptors, Very Late Antigen [D12.776.543.750.705.408.850]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D12.776.543.750.705.408.850.299]
- Receptors, Lymphocyte Homing [D12.776.543.750.705.877]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D12.776.543.750.705.877.347]
- Biological Factors [D23]
- Antigens [D23.050]
- Antigens, Surface [D23.050.301]
- Cell Adhesion Molecules [D23.050.301.350]
- Receptors, Lymphocyte Homing [D23.050.301.350.625]
- Integrin alpha4beta1 [D23.050.301.350.625.347]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Integrin alpha4beta1".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Integrin alpha4beta1" by people in this website by year, and whether "Integrin alpha4beta1" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Integrin alpha4beta1" by people in Profiles.
Gaudreault N, Kumar N, Posada JM, Stephens KB, Reyes de Mochel NS, Eberl? D, Olivas VR, Kim RY, Harms MJ, Johnson S, Messina LM, Rapp JH, Raffai RL. ApoE suppresses atherosclerosis by reducing lipid accumulation in circulating monocytes and the expression of inflammatory molecules on monocytes and vascular endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012 Feb; 32(2):264-72.
Barringhaus KG, Phillips JW, Thatte JS, Sanders JM, Czarnik AC, Bennett DK, Ley KF, Sarembock IJ. Alpha4beta1 integrin (VLA-4) blockade attenuates both early and late leukocyte recruitment and neointimal growth following carotid injury in apolipoprotein E (-/-) mice. J Vasc Res. 2004 May-Jun; 41(3):252-60.
Schwarze J, Cieslewicz G, Hamelmann E, Joetham A, Shultz LD, Lamers MC, Gelfand EW. IL-5 and eosinophils are essential for the development of airway hyperresponsiveness following acute respiratory syncytial virus infection. J Immunol. 1999 Mar 01; 162(5):2997-3004.