"Spherocytosis, Hereditary" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of familial congenital hemolytic anemias characterized by numerous abnormally shaped erythrocytes which are generally spheroidal. The erythrocytes have increased osmotic fragility and are abnormally permeable to sodium ions.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Spherocytosis, Hereditary".
- Diseases [C]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Anemia [C15.378.071]
- Anemia, Hemolytic [C15.378.071.141]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C15.378.071.141.150]
- Spherocytosis, Hereditary [C15.378.071.141.150.785]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C16.320.070]
- Spherocytosis, Hereditary [C16.320.070.785]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Spherocytosis, Hereditary".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Spherocytosis, Hereditary" by people in this website by year, and whether "Spherocytosis, Hereditary" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Spherocytosis, Hereditary" by people in Profiles.
Nieminen TT, Liyanarachchi S, Comiskey DF, Wang Y, Li W, Hendrickson IV, Brock P, de la Chapelle A, He H. A novel essential splice site variant in SPTB in a large hereditary spherocytosis family. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2021 05; 9(5):e1641.
Szymanski IO, Araszkiewicz P, Odgren P, Snyder LM. Decreased amount of the Rh antigen D in hereditary spherocytosis (HS). Br J Haematol. 1989 Dec; 73(4):537-40.