"Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A microsomal cytochrome P450 enzyme that catalyzes the 17-alpha-hydroxylation of progesterone or pregnenolone and subsequent cleavage of the residual two carbons at C17 in the presence of molecular oxygen and NADPH-FERRIHEMOPROTEIN REDUCTASE. This enzyme, encoded by CYP17 gene, generates precursors for glucocorticoid, androgen, and estrogen synthesis. Defects in CYP17 gene cause congenital adrenal hyperplasia (ADRENAL HYPERPLASIA, CONGENITAL) and abnormal sexual differentiation.
- Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase
- 17-alpha-Hydroxylase, Steroid
- Steroid 17 alpha-Hydroxylase
- 17 alpha-Hydroxylase, Steroid
- Steroid 17 alpha Hydroxylase
- Steroid 17 Hydroxylase
- Steroid 17-Hydroxylase
- 17-Hydroxylase, Steroid
- Steroid 17-Monooxygenase
- 17-Monooxygenase, Steroid
- Steroid 17 Monooxygenase
- 17,20 Desmolase
- 17,20 Lyase
- Cytochrome P450(17 alpha)
- Steroid 17 alpha-Monooxygenase
- 17 alpha-Monooxygenase, Steroid
- Steroid 17 alpha Monooxygenase
- alpha-Monooxygenase, Steroid 17
- 17 alpha-Hydroxylase
- 17 alpha Hydroxylase
- Cytochrome P-450(17-alpha)
- 17 alpha-Hydroxylase Cytochrome P-450
- 17 alpha Hydroxylase Cytochrome P 450
- Cytochrome P-450(17 alpha)
17 alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Aldolase
- 17 alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Aldolase
- 17 alpha Hydroxyprogesterone Aldolase
- Aldolase, 17 alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone
- alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Aldolase, 17
- Hydroxyprogesterone Aldolase
- Aldolase, Hydroxyprogesterone
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Steroid 17-alpha-Hydroxylase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.