"Addison Disease" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An adrenal disease characterized by the progressive destruction of the ADRENAL CORTEX, resulting in insufficient production of ALDOSTERONE and HYDROCORTISONE. Clinical symptoms include ANOREXIA; NAUSEA; WEIGHT LOSS; MUSCLE WEAKNESS; and HYPERPIGMENTATION of the SKIN due to increase in circulating levels of ACTH precursor hormone which stimulates MELANOCYTES.
- Addison Disease
- Disease, Addison
- Primary Adrenal Insufficiency
- Adrenal Insufficiency, Primary
- Primary Hypoadrenalism
- Hypoadrenalism, Primary
- Hypoadrenalisms, Primary
- Addison's Disease
- Addisons Disease
- Primary Adrenocortical Insufficiency
- Adrenocortical Insufficiencies, Primary
- Adrenocortical Insufficiency, Primary
- Insufficiencies, Primary Adrenocortical
- Insufficiency, Primary Adrenocortical
- Primary Adrenocortical Insufficiencies
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Addison Disease".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Addison Disease".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Addison Disease" by people in this website by year, and whether "Addison Disease" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.