"Receptors, KIR" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A family of receptors found on NK CELLS that have specificity for a variety of HLA ANTIGENS. KIR receptors contain up to three different extracellular immunoglobulin-like domains referred to as D0, D1, and D2 and play an important role in blocking NK cell activation against cells expressing the appropriate HLA antigens thus preventing cell lysis. Although they are often referred to as being inhibitory receptors, a subset of KIR receptors may also play an activating role in NK cells.
- Receptors, KIR
- Killer Inhibitory Receptors
- Inhibitory Receptors, Killer
- Receptors, Killer Inhibitory
- Receptor, p58 NK Cell
- p58 Natural Killer Cell Receptor
- KIR Receptor
- Receptor, KIR
- p58 NK Cell Inhibitory Receptor
- Receptor, Killer Inhibitory
- Killer Inhibitory Receptor
- Inhibitory Receptor, Killer
- Killer Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor
- Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor, Killer
- Killer Immunoglobulin Like Receptor
- Receptor, Killer Immunoglobulin-Like
- Killer Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor
- Killer Cell Immunoglobulin Like Receptor
- KIR Family Receptors
- Family Receptors, KIR
- Receptors, KIR Family
- KIR Receptors
- Killer Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor (KIR) Family of Receptors
- Killer Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptors
- Killer Cell Immunoglobulin Like Receptors
- p58 NK Cell Receptor
- p58 NK Cell Receptors
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, KIR".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, KIR".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, KIR" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, KIR" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, KIR" by people in Profiles.
Muriuki BM, Forconi CS, Oluoch PO, Bailey JA, Ghansah A, Moormann AM, Ong'echa JM. Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors with endemic Burkitt lymphoma in Kenyan children. Sci Rep. 2021 05 31; 11(1):11343.
Bhutani M, Foureau D, Zhang Q, Robinson M, Wynn AS, Steuerwald NM, Druhan LJ, Guo F, Rigby K, Turner M, Slaughter D, Friend R, Atrash S, Symanowski JT, Avalos BR, Copelan EA, Voorhees PM, Usmani SZ. Peripheral Immunotype Correlates with Minimal Residual Disease Status and Is Modulated by Immunomodulatory Drugs in Multiple Myeloma. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019 03; 25(3):459-465.