"Sterol 14-Demethylase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An NADPH-dependent P450 enzyme that plays an essential role in the sterol biosynthetic pathway by catalyzing the demethylation of 14-methyl sterols such as lanosterol. The enzyme acts via the repeated hydroxylation of the 14-methyl group, resulting in its stepwise conversion into an alcohol, an aldehyde and then a carboxylate, which is removed as formic acid. Sterol 14-demethylase is an unusual cytochrome P450 enzyme in that it is found in a broad variety of organisms including ANIMALS; PLANTS; FUNGI; and protozoa.
- Sterol 14-Demethylase
- 14-Demethylase, Sterol
- Sterol 14 Demethylase
- Sterol 14-alpha-Demethylase
- 14-alpha-Demethylase, Sterol
- Sterol 14 alpha Demethylase
- Lanosterol 14 alpha-Demethylase
- 14 alpha-Demethylase, Lanosterol
- Lanosterol 14 alpha Demethylase
- CYP51 Cytochrome P-450
- CYP51 Cytochrome P 450
- Cytochrome P-450, CYP51
- P-450, CYP51 Cytochrome
- Eburicol 14alpha-Demethylase
- 14alpha-Demethylase, Eburicol
- Eburicol 14alpha Demethylase
- Obtusifoliol 14alpha-Demethylase
- 14alpha-Demethylase, Obtusifoliol
- Obtusifoliol 14alpha Demethylase
- Cytochrome P-450 CYP51
- CYP51, Cytochrome P-450
- Cytochrome P 450 CYP51
- P-450 CYP51, Cytochrome
- Sterol 14-Demethylases
- 14-Demethylases, Sterol
- Sterol 14 Demethylases
- Eburicol 14 alpha-Demethylase
- 14 alpha-Demethylase, Eburicol
- Eburicol 14 alpha Demethylase
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Sterol 14-Demethylase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Sterol 14-Demethylase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Sterol 14-Demethylase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Sterol 14-Demethylase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Sterol 14-Demethylase" by people in Profiles.