"Smad2 Protein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A receptor-regulated smad protein that undergoes PHOSPHORYLATION by ACTIVIN RECEPTORS, TYPE I. It regulates TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR BETA and ACTIVIN signaling.
- Smad2 Protein
- MAD-Related 2 Protein
- MAD Related 2 Protein
- MADR2 Protein
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Smad2 Protein".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Peptides [D12.644]
- Intracellular Signaling Peptides and Proteins [D12.644.360]
- Adaptor Proteins, Signal Transducing [D12.644.360.024]
- Smad Proteins [D12.644.360.024.334]
- Smad Proteins, Receptor-Regulated [D12.644.360.024.334.500]
- Smad2 Protein [D12.644.360.024.334.500.200]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Carrier Proteins [D12.776.157]
- Adaptor Proteins, Signal Transducing [D12.776.157.057]
- Smad Proteins [D12.776.157.057.170]
- Smad Proteins, Receptor-Regulated [D12.776.157.057.170.500]
- Smad2 Protein [D12.776.157.057.170.500.200]
- Intracellular Signaling Peptides and Proteins [D12.776.476]
- Adaptor Proteins, Signal Transducing [D12.776.476.024]
- Smad Proteins [D12.776.476.024.428]
- Smad Proteins, Receptor-Regulated [D12.776.476.024.428.500]
- Smad2 Protein [D12.776.476.024.428.500.200]
- Phosphoproteins [D12.776.744]
- Smad Proteins, Receptor-Regulated [D12.776.744.741]
- Smad2 Protein [D12.776.744.741.750]
- Transcription Factors [D12.776.930]
- Smad Proteins [D12.776.930.806]
- Smad Proteins, Receptor-Regulated [D12.776.930.806.500]
- Smad2 Protein [D12.776.930.806.500.200]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Smad2 Protein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Smad2 Protein" by people in this website by year, and whether "Smad2 Protein" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Smad2 Protein" by people in Profiles.
Girnius N, Edwards YJK, Davis RJ. The cJUN NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway contributes to mouse mammary gland remodeling during involution. Cell Death Differ. 2018 09; 25(9):1702-1715.
Acharya D, Hainer SJ, Yoon Y, Wang F, Bach I, Rivera-P?rez JA, Fazzio TG. KAT-Independent Gene Regulation by Tip60 Promotes ESC Self-Renewal but Not Pluripotency. Cell Rep. 2017 04 25; 19(4):671-679.
Fan J, Yang MX, Ouyang Q, Fu D, Xu Z, Liu X, Mino-Kenudson M, Geng J, Tang F. Phosphatase PPM1A is a novel prognostic marker in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2016 09; 55:151-8.
Mullen AC. Hippo tips the TGF-? scale in favor of pluripotency. Cell Stem Cell. 2014 Jan 02; 14(1):6-8.
Kim KO, Sampson ER, Maynard RD, O'Keefe RJ, Chen D, Drissi H, Rosier RN, Hilton MJ, Zuscik MJ. Ski inhibits TGF-?/phospho-Smad3 signaling and accelerates hypertrophic differentiation in chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2012 Jun; 113(6):2156-66.
Malhotra N, Robertson E, Kang J. SMAD2 is essential for TGF beta-mediated Th17 cell generation. J Biol Chem. 2010 Sep 17; 285(38):29044-8.
Li TF, Darowish M, Zuscik MJ, Chen D, Schwarz EM, Rosier RN, Drissi H, O'Keefe RJ. Smad3-deficient chondrocytes have enhanced BMP signaling and accelerated differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2006 Jan; 21(1):4-16.
Hayes S, Chawla A, Corvera S. TGF beta receptor internalization into EEA1-enriched early endosomes: role in signaling to Smad2. J Cell Biol. 2002 Sep 30; 158(7):1239-49.
Mohan R, Chintala SK, Jung JC, Villar WV, McCabe F, Russo LA, Lee Y, McCarthy BE, Wollenberg KR, Jester JV, Wang M, Welgus HG, Shipley JM, Senior RM, Fini ME. Matrix metalloproteinase gelatinase B (MMP-9) coordinates and effects epithelial regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2002 Jan 18; 277(3):2065-72.