Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme
"Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A monomeric protein found in liver peroxisomes that contains two enzymatically active domains; an enoyl-CoA hydratase/3,2-trans-enoyl-CoA isomerase domain, and an (S)-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase domain. The enzyme is stereospecific with regards to how cis and trans double bonds are metabolized. It is complemented by PEROXISOMAL MULTIFUNCTIONAL PROTEIN-2, which has the opposite stereospecificity.
|Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme
- Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme
- Bifunctional Enzyme, Peroxisomal
- Peroxisomal-Bifunctional Enzymes
- Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzymes
- L-Bifunctional Enzyme
- L Bifunctional Enzyme
- Peroxisomal Hydratase-Dehydrogenase-Epimerase
- Hydratase-Dehydrogenase-Epimerase, Peroxisomal
- Peroxisomal Hydratase Dehydrogenase Epimerase
- Peroxisomal Multifunctional beta-Oxidation Protein
- Peroxisomal Multifunctional beta Oxidation Protein
- Peroxisomal Trifunctional Enzyme
- 2-Enoyl-CoA Hydratase, 3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydrogenase-delta 3, delta 2-Enoyl-CoA Isomerase
- Enoyl-CoA Hydratase-3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydrogenase
- Dehydrogenase, Enoyl-CoA Hydratase-3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA
- Enoyl CoA Hydratase 3 Hydroxyacyl CoA Dehydrogenase
- Hydratase-3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydrogenase, Enoyl-CoA
- L-Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme
- Bifunctional Enzyme, L-Peroxisomal
- L Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme" by people in this website by year, and whether "Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Peroxisomal Bifunctional Enzyme" by people in Profiles.
Vernia S, Cavanagh-Kyros J, Barrett T, Tournier C, Davis RJ. Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 Mediates Glycemic Regulation by Hepatic JNK. Cell Rep. 2016 Mar 15; 14(10):2273-80.